Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Your Eyes

Your eyes told me all I needed to know...

Your face may have stayed stoic, unmoving despite the highs and lows of life--your eyes showed me your soul.

In your eyes I saw thoughtfulness for others above yourself...

In your eyes I saw passion, zeal for God that I wanted in my own life...

In your eyes I saw sincerity, you were not fake but real...

In your eyes I saw you, full of grace and fierceness and playfulness and  compassion...


We have been married for almost six years now, and for me, its still all about your eyes.

They still tell me of your love--for more than me, but for our Lord, our son, our church, and our family.

And I know that this isn't the best thing I have ever written, but you have to understand that I struggle to say what it is that makes you so important in my heart.  It goes beyond words.

But I can tell you that it started with your eyes, and the more I discover, the more I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment