Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Looking Ahead: Renewing the Mind

Let's be honest:  I am not great at organizing this blog.  I get ideas of weekly themes, and I don't stick to them.  This year, I am trying again, but slightly different.

This year, for me, is all about being transformed by the renewing of my mind (Romans 12:2).  Therefore, this year I will spend my time reading, writing, and asking questions that are important to this goal.  Every Friday I will give a basic update on "What I'm Learning."  Outside of that, anything could happen.

What types of blog posts should you expect?  Well, here are a list of topics that are areas of my mind I am seeking to renew with God's goodness:

  • Scriptural Authority, Inspiration, and Formation:  How did we get the Bible?  Why does the Bible matter?  How should we read the bible?
  • Grace and Works:  This has been one of the central battles of my heart and mind for the past 4-5 years theologically.  I also believe it has been a battle in my life for much longer.  I need to seek renewal in this theologically and practically.
  • Purity and Exemplified Marriage:  I am on a life-long quest for purity in my life.  This year I attack the mental aspects of that goal.  I also want to explore the question:  How can my marriage be a displayed example for those around me?
  • Justice and Poverty:  What does it look like to care for the poor?  What does it mean to love?  What role should I take to make the world a better place?  What issues are most pressing?
  • Science and Religion:  What should we expect from the Bible scientifically?
  • Faith and Parenting:  What does it mean to walk my child toward God?  How can I create an environment where faith can flourish and last?
On top of these topics, I am hoping to have several guest posts from members of my youth group, friends, family, and fellow bloggers.  I will also be writing down children's stories that I plan to tell my child starting at his birth in February.

It is going to be a good year.  What is your goal?  Do you have a word, a verse, or a sentence that describes your goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment