This year, for me, is all about being transformed by the renewing of my mind (Romans 12:2). Therefore, this year I will spend my time reading, writing, and asking questions that are important to this goal. Every Friday I will give a basic update on "What I'm Learning." Outside of that, anything could happen.
What types of blog posts should you expect? Well, here are a list of topics that are areas of my mind I am seeking to renew with God's goodness:
- Scriptural Authority, Inspiration, and Formation: How did we get the Bible? Why does the Bible matter? How should we read the bible?
- Grace and Works: This has been one of the central battles of my heart and mind for the past 4-5 years theologically. I also believe it has been a battle in my life for much longer. I need to seek renewal in this theologically and practically.
- Purity and Exemplified Marriage: I am on a life-long quest for purity in my life. This year I attack the mental aspects of that goal. I also want to explore the question: How can my marriage be a displayed example for those around me?
- Justice and Poverty: What does it look like to care for the poor? What does it mean to love? What role should I take to make the world a better place? What issues are most pressing?
- Science and Religion: What should we expect from the Bible scientifically?
- Faith and Parenting: What does it mean to walk my child toward God? How can I create an environment where faith can flourish and last?
It is going to be a good year. What is your goal? Do you have a word, a verse, or a sentence that describes your goal?