Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Vows

I, Matt, take you, Kylie, to be my wedded wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness.

Three and a half years later, I would like to add:

I will hold your opinion in deepest regard,

I will be present for you,

I will find my joy first in God, and second in God's union of us,

I will lead you with a gentle love,

Putting your heart above my own,

Your hopes, dreams, and aspirations will guide my decisions,

My leadership will be sacrificial--as Christ sacrificed himself in leading me.

I will place our love above that of our children, both for them and us,

I will listen, not just hear, converse, not just respond, cherish, not just have,

You will be mine fully, and I yours, and together we will seek after our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ from this day until the day we meet the Lord in the sleep of death,

And together with all the Church we will be the Bride of our Lord on the great Final Resurrection day, when Easter comes for us all!

This is my pledge to you




No comments:

Post a Comment