Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

One Year. One Verse

The "One Word" concept is a good one.  I read about it about halfway through this year.  The idea was to take one word, a word that sums up who you want to be and how you want to live, and make that one word the key to your year.  Focusing on one word instead of a bunch of resolutions.  I like that.

Except this year I am wanting to challenge you to make a slightly different challenge.  This year, let's take one verse from God's word to make our theme.  Take a verse that challenges you, inspires you, teaches you, or maybe even confuses you.  Take one verse, and make it your focus this year.  Your reading of the Bible will be informed by this one verse, your prayer life focused around it, your days begin and end with a quick reminder of your one verse.

One Verse.  one Year.

I believe this can change lives.

................

My verse this year:

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will."  Romans 12:2

This verse really sums up what I want to see change in my life.  I want to see my mind transformed in such a way that changes how I live my life.

I will study this verse inside out this year, and the context around it.  More than that, though, I will put my effort forward to make weekly and monthly goals that will help me move closer to God's intentions within this verse.

Knowing isn't enough.  My life must be changed.

......................

I challenge you to pick a verse.  Share it on your blog or on Facebook/Twitter.  If you want help looking for tools to help you study this one verse better, let me know.  What if we let our entire year be consumed by one simple statement from God's word?  Do you think it would change you?

Join me and find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment